As the count down to the Thanksgiving meal evolves, take a deep breath and focus on the company rather than the food. Think of fun ways to interact that don’t involve food–take a walk, play a game, do a craft, etc.
- Try a fat free and reduced sodium stock or broth–try Swanson.
- Use a fat skimmer to rid the turkey drippings of fat and make a low fat gravy.
- Try a Soy Nog rather than regular Egg Nog to cut calories and fat.
- Use a low fat and sodium canned cream or mushroom soup for casseroles.
- Prepare stuffing with whole grain bread for added fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Substitute egg whites for whole eggs and evaporated skim milk for cream in your pumpkin pie recipe.
- Serve cut up raw veggies with a low fat dip for an appetizer.
Enjoy your holiday! Count your blessings!
Leave a Reply